Thursday, November 02, 2006

Some Stray Notes

Blogger is giving me heck about posting pictures. It was all I could do to post a picture of Rabbit. I also had a picture of a freaky project from the sixties. Well it will have to wait. As will pictures from the secret pal and of my latest projects. Is Blogger becoming so popular that it is growing faster than it can handle? Well I am sure I could ramble on about this but I digress.

I would like to take a moment to recognize some brave people out there. First are the people of the Hockey Knitter’s Knitalong. Firstly, I am a Penguins fan as you might guess. This was hard when spending time in Canada. Especially the years they won the Stanley Cup. Hockey is like crack for some Canadians. And knitting is like crack for some women and a couple men. I am very fearful of my first encounter with a hockey loving Canadian knitter. This could be very scary. Still, I am a Pittsburgher and more importantly a Master Clown that has survived a long term relationship with a Quebecois who was not a Penguins fan. I learned more naughty French words when the Canadians were loosing then in all my years in the Circus. So I will be brave. Still, if you do not hear from me it is because an irate Leafs fan got to me because they are not doing so well. And I cannot help but mention it should be the Toronto Maple Leaves.

Next up are the people at the Scarf Style Knit Along. For long term readers of this blog you will know that I have been known to knit a scarf or two. I also like the scarf style book that I picked up a while ago. I have not read the Wrap Style Book yet. I will have to pick it up. I think my wife will finally let me knit her something and I think she is hinting at a wrap.

The last couple brave people do not know they are being brave. First is the blog “What is Cluttering my Couch”. I think she is from Utah and has some really cool things she is knitting. She just finished a flapper hat.

There is also Carrieoke’s Knitting Blog. She appears to have a really popular knitting blog. It looks as if it a stand along website. Now that is a serious knitting blogger. Beside that she is cute as a button and dressed like Alice from Alice in Wonderland.

I wonder if I should be asking these people is they want linked to this page.

I would like to note that the Turks, French and Germans have moved up in my ranking of nations.

Finally I reluctantly want to end on a sour note. I have been posting on a blog that had some really specific rules that were in a submenu that I did not read when I joined. The few rules that I did read were stated on the introduction screen. A rather snarky person attacked me for following the less stringent guides. My first thought was to stop posting on that blog. My second thought was that was how that sort of person gets their way. I might have respected them had they posted their concern politely. And secondly if they had taken credit for their comment.

It is very easy to not take responsibility for what you are saying. The internet is full of loonies that do not take responsibility for what they say. Why should the knitting world be any different. I know that I post on this blog with the anonymity that comes with my clown name. Those who know me understand why. Still, I would never criticize someone for something that they are doing.

Even in the situations when I have come across something that is truly unpleasant I have not been rude about it. Nor have I quietly attacked it just to be rude.

So Cats and Kittens the moral of the story is to be nice to those around you. If you see someone doing something wrong, be nice to them. They may simply be someone that has only been blogging a short time and does not know to turn over every stone to figure out all of the rules.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Stephieface said...

That sucks about the snarkist. I wish people in general were nicer, and I sincerely hope it wasn't me. Its also hard to get the feeling behind people's posts and comments on the internet, because its all written. Yet, there are some knowitalls who are obvious in their messages that they are being rude and disrespectful. Its a shame there isn't a button on your keyboard that you can press when someone is being rude and then their computer shoots them with raspberry jelly, I think alot of people would be nicer with the threat of imminent jellying about.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo