Thursday, September 13, 2007

Metal - Knitting - And Hitler is Still a Jerk

It is after Midnight here in Pittsburgh and I am making a typed blog entry. You would think that talking into the camera would be easier for me, Still, for some reason that talking into the thing and then uploading it feels like a lot of work to me.




Anyway I am making a swatch and listening to Angra's greatest hits. They by the way are this millennium brightest light that Metal is not dead. I hope Kurt Cobain in turning over in his grave. Not that I have anything personal against Kurt.



Well yes I do he made grunge popular. He almost singlehandedly destroyed not only metal but rock and roll as well. Sure everybody has a bad day. But album after album of depressing want to throw yourself off the nearest cliff. By the way there are people that think that he faked his death and is living a secret life away from Courtney Love. Well I understand the hiding from Courtney Love thing. Either way he is not polluting music with his garage born hell like noise. By the way Smells like Teen Spirit is the Elevator Music in Hell.


Sorry did not mean to beat up on old Kurt. Still, if he is in hiding I hope Elvis kick the day lights out of him everyday.

Moving along, I had a wonderful revelation the today. Well it was not really a revelation it was more like a nice thing. Long time viewers will know that I have my hand operated on. For a while there I did not think my doctor had a sense of humor. Now most people that are being operated on do not dwell on such thing. Still, to a clown this is an important thing.


Anyway the hand is getting better. I still have the splint thing though and will have it for another month. And thanks for the prayers and warm thought through this time of discomfort.

Back to my supposedly humorless doctor. As you know if you read this blog I tend to wonder off in many directions conversationally. Today with the Doc was no different. He was talking to me about the healing process and the new exercises I need to do and we go on the subject of Hitler. Hitler is a bad penny that come up in the strangest places.


Well I will stop that line of thought before I go off in a strange direction. You see I am capable of editing myself on occasion. Although if I were good at it you would not have know that i just edited myself. I also would not have rambled on through this paragraph about editing myself.



Any way I will leave the paragraph in, someone might thing it it funny. Which reminds me of a story about a Priest, a Rabbi and a komodo dragon in a pink and yellow dress. Never mind I need to get back to the Hitler story.


Anyway in the course of the conversation I stated that Hitler was a Jerk. With out a skipping a beat he states "That was unnecessary." as if defending Hitler with out the slightest change of facial expression.



A Master clown usually has a keen sense of humor judgement. We call it Mel Brooksdar. Well actually I am on the only one that call it that, but I digress. You see in my mind there is a Mel Brooks theme to today, or is a Gene Wilder theme. Either way it has been entertaining in my mind today.



But back to defending Hitler. My usually well tuned sense of Humor Radar completely missed that he has a very very very dry sense of humor.



And by the way my wife just walked in and I relayed the story to her. She has just informed me that my doctor is Jewish. Actually she informed me that I was talking to a Jewish person about Hitler on the Jewish New Year. Anyway, I do know if that makes the story funnier or just weird. With me it is usually both.



I also had a long email about what is the proper way to wear a kilt. The answer is around your waist. Once upon a time there were all sorts of tradition surrounding what type of things to wear with kilt. In this day an age you can think of the kilt as something you can get married in or a super comfortable pair of jeans.



To illustrate, this is Sir Sean Connery in modern Scottish formalwear. Some men wear a bow tie and white shirt.



Off on another tangent being the only male at many knitting groups over the years I feilded many question about the kilt. A very popular theme is how good men look in kilts. Many also think that this kilt is a sort of anachronism brought out for high holy Scottish days.



There are no High Holy Scottish days as such. There is Robert Burns day and in the US Tartan Day. For most of the Scots that I know this is more of an excuse to get out a good bottle of Scotch, but I digress.



If you are Scottish wear the kilt. If you like the Kilt wear the kilt. I don't care there is always an excuse to wear a kilt even if your are not Scottish, Irish, Manx or Welsh. This guy over here is wearing a kilt because he is throwing a rock. You see, even throwing a rock looks more impressive in a kilt. If you want a reason to wear a kilt email me and I will find you a reason and a tartan you can wear. You can even wear one of those leather kilts.



Back to the Kilt question. Anyway the kilt is now experiencing the beginning of what I hope is a world wide jump to casual use. I wear the kilt from time just for the heck of it. If I had enough money and a couple more kilt I might wear them all the time. They are just better than pants in every way.

This is the actor from Torchwood wearing a kilt with a tee shirt and tube socks. I myself have been known to sport this look with a pair of Doc Martins. I usually go with traditional kilt hose and flashers. What I live in a rough neighborhood and need a place to carry my skean-dhu.


Well that is it for me this morning.
Be safe out there everyone and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo