Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Not Coffee

I am not a fan of the Starbucks. IT is not because they are some evil corperation trying to take over the world. Granted I am not ruling that out. I had a cup of tea in one of their shops five years ago and it was not what I ordered. I wanted a cup of Earl Gray and it did not taste like it should.

When I told the person behind the counter that it was not earl gray they informed me that it was. They went on to suggest that maybe my palette was not refined enough to enjoy their special blend. Now I do not know if they had some special blend or what. Still Earl Gray has a certain taste and everyone should be in the ball park. Anyway, I have not bought anything in Starbucks since that day, until today. It is a rainy day in Pittsburgh and I am standing around waiting for someone. There is a Starbucks nearby. I figure I will go in and check my email and maybe the jpopasia.com. I figure I can get a hot chocolate. Well I am sitting here with my hot chocolate and it is bitter. I have added a jar of sugar to the thing and it is bearable. Still for three and half bucks I want wonderful and not bearable.

I can get two boxes of Swiss miss and be happier. I am debating if I should complain. I am sure if I do I will find out it is a special dark chocolate that is imported one ounce at a time on the back a specially trained sparrows.

Maybe I should just not go to Starbucks.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo