Monday, December 19, 2011

Drawing

My drawing is not coming along very well. I have been toying with drawing some of the clown in my Brigade as well as Cuddles. I can do an OK job drawing them head on. Drawing people in profile or on any other angle has been an incredible challenge for me. On some level drawing clowns is easier than real people. When it gets to coloring them you do not have to worry about flesh tones especially on the white faces.

Shadownights appears to be able to draw her people in any angle that she wants. Apparently talent does figure into drawing in a major way. I bought a book on drawing manga. It has several suggestion for dealing with my problem. They suggest drawing these guidelines that help you keep the proportion. I have just started trying it. It is going slowly but I think I am seeing some kind of improvement. Maybe some more practice will yield the results I am looking for.

Be safe out there everyone and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo