Saturday, July 28, 2007

Knitting at Home

It has been another good day here at the homestead. I have gone through another Chemo Cap and are once again working on Knitting Machine.

I have had a handful of people pass through the beginning class and should probably start to look toward doing projects on the machine. I have managed an ugly sweater that I did not even put together. I have had some success with a one piece vest. I think this will be the nest class that I should offer.

I am a bit disappointed that no one has taken a men’s knitting class at Knit 1. I have had several men take classes at the Bee Hive but none at Knit 1. It seems odd to me. I am sure there is some sort of reason but I do not know what it is. I have started writing up a lesson plan for the vest class. I am definitely going to ask to so a design your own bag class. I think the bag class should be popular.

I have a circular bottom draw string bag or a messenger type bag. The Messenger Bag is much like my ill-fated black bag from last year. With the exception of felting the bag, if you are into that, the either bag should be able to be made in one two hour class.

On other knitting front the second session of the Knitting Group in the South Hills now at the Boarders was another fun evening of knitting. The folks there continued to roll out the welcome mat and make us feel at home. Our space is around a fire place and there are tons of comfortable chair and rocking chairs. I simply cannot say enough about these people and great environment of their store.
Well be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo