Friday, July 06, 2007

Fire, Chemo Cap, Sergeant Major Maybe

Another day of this and that. Did another Chemo cap.

Well there was not actually much happening today. Well nothing that is terribly exciting. I have been trying for a week to get someone at Barnes and Nobles to find out why they are being so mean to the Friday knitting group. Well I tried the manager of the store who is not available and the regional manager who is also not available. I wonder if this is how Micheal Moore feels when he is looking for an interview?

Well hopefully the group will find a new place to meet. This thing has been a bit strange from the get go.

On other front I continue to work on my fiction book. I am into the second chapter and things are going well. Perhaps they are going too well. I am sure that working on the book has been cutting into my blog time. Well when someone pays me for the book I can say I am an author. Then I will not have to have a day job and could have a good hour or so a day to just work on my blog. they I can help flood the Internet with more irrelevant stuff.

And for a change I have something of substance to mention. My Corps Officer asked me to be the Crops Sargent Major. For those not in the Army most churches do not have a position like this one. They are second in command of the Corps behind the officers. they also have dozens of duties ranging from record keeping to making sure uniforms are worn properly.

It has been occupying my thought for the better part of this week. I have not accepted because I need to pray about it and consider if I can do it. Our Corps does not have very many people. Still, I cannot help but wonder if I am old enough and experienced enough to do this.

Also a Prayer Request we responded to a fire here in Mt. Oliver Today. The woman who own the house was as her first radiation treatment for stage 4 cancer while her house was burning down. Fortunately none of her six children were home at the time.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

metal and knit said...

You will be equiped an supported as CSM you would not be lead to do this if you was not right in Gods eye. It is a helpful step to College and Officership for you.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo