Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Project Updates and Stuff

It has been crazy busy as the Christmas season passed through. Besides the shop I have been working on the book. So I have been neglecting my poor blog. Well now that things have slowed back to normal I can get back to posting.

Well as you can see my skills as a photographer still leave something to be desired. Never the less there are picture of what I am working on at the moment.

This is a hat that I am making for Miss Dolittle. It will look like a fez cap when it is folded up. When it is stretched out it will look like a giant stocking cap that will drag on the ground behind her.

This is a new version of a standard clown hat. Like the Victorian sleeping cap this one will have a pom pom on the end. We will have to see how it goes. I will probably make several for her. This one will be twelve or so feet long. It should have great visual impact on stage.

I will have to make another hat for our Music Sergeant. Both will be made from Red Heart Mexicana. I am considering needle felting Mecicana to regular felt and lining it and seeing what happens. I might be able to make a good looking few cap with the method. We are after all looking for head gear for the Brigade.

Bellow is a Needle case that I am sewing our of Black PVC. I have a few old cases that were made out of deep burgundy fabric. They have faded and a couple of them are now pink. So it is time to make something more manly that does not have holes in it.

These are the pieces that will go into the case. This case will be made for my Boye 14 inch needles. I will need to make cases for my Bryspun Needles and square needles.

Well I just wanted to check in. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.



1 comment:

Kath said...

I've never tried needle felting. It always seemed like a rather cruel and sadistic thing to do to perfectly innocent yarn. But it never occurred to me you could do it to acrylic yarn like Red Heart. Not that I'm suggesting that Red Heart is more deserving of that sort of treatment or anything - I'm just sayin' it hadn't occurred to me to try!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo