Saturday, December 22, 2007

Roving Roving Roving

Roving Roving roving. Alright so it is not all technically roving. Still, the word roving fits better into the song going through my head. Any way i have been experimenting with the drop spindle type thing.

Well this picture is the unspun fiber rack at Natural Stitches. We just got a spinning teacher on board. We also have the best selection of fiber that i have seen in a knitting store. I suppose I really have no choice but to make this habit even deeper and stranger.

For many years I have resisted the possibility of spinning my own yarn. For goodness sake I have every knitting needle known to man and a huge selection of yarn in basement.

I suppose I should just be grateful that I am at a good place to learn such forbidden things. I have been secretly thinking about a secret supper acrylic yarn. I have wondered what would happen is more fiber was joined with my beloved Red Heart.

I have no idea what would happen. I know that you can ply yarns. I suppose I will have the chance to find out what will happen. I will keep you posted on what happens.

For the cat loving people out there this is my cat Mariska. I personally think that she is by far the most attractive of our pets. She is your basic black cat with big gold eyes. If you happen to be traveling through my house at night she does tend to scare the day lights out of you if you are not paying attention.

regular Readers of this blog may have noted that there are more pictures on the blog these days. Since I started this blog I have counted on the kindness of stranger to take pictures and email them to me. And I have had some great pictures sent to me.

Anyway Walk gave me a spare camera. So thanks Walt. I will take lots of pictures and annoy people with stories about my cats. But now they will be illustrated.

Well I think that is it for this evening. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.






No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo