Thursday, August 09, 2007

Messing About

Well today I have been playing with some Lopi Yarn that came into the Charity Knitting Bin. There is enough of an off white color to make a sweater and I have been playing with that. It is nothing terribly interesting, just something that is not a chemo cap.

I am looking for a Hat Scarf pattern to make scarves and hats for our kettle workers. I am thinking of something in red and white. Perhaps a burgundy and Navy Blue. I am not sure. Being that I am not rich I will have to find an affordable yarn for this project. On the up side we have so few kettle workers that it will not be hard to make enough of them.

On another, slightly related subject, if you live in the Pittsburgh area and enjoy standing outside in cold weather. I have the volunteer oportunity for you. There is a hand knit scarf and hat in it for you. Email me if you are interested.

I am definitely not putting the Corps name on the hats. Steel Valley Praise and Worship Center. that is just a bit much. Homestead Corps would have been doable. Although Steel Valley Corps is not that hard. Maybe on the Scarves.

Churches do have rather long names. Well it looks that may to me. If I ever have to start a church it will just be Zeeppo's Church. Simply, easy, you know what you are getting. A clown preaching to you every Sunday and Tuesday {Feel Free to insert your own joke}. I would have Tuesday service just for the heck of it. Hundreds of years later it would become something that fanatically people would fight to the death over. I would make sure that I make it clear that Tuesday service is only because I like to golf on Mondays. That way we could avoid holy wars down the road.

Oh and if you are into clowns preaching to you I will have the pulpit again this Sunday. I have no idea what I am preaching about yet. I set aside a block of time Friday afternoon. I will write up a sermon then. I have been reading Mathew this last week so it will probably be something from Mathew.

Well I must be off to do something useful with myself today. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo