Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Heading to Homestead

I am heading off to Homestead to help out with our Corps Vacation Bible School. This year I have the first through third graders. Kids are cut at that age. They are just old enough to get into trouble and not old enough to completely know that what they are doing is wrong.


And since kids are wicked smart now it is sometimes hard to put them in time out because they so easily show the hypocrisy of our adult world. I would seriously work with kids for the rest of my life if I could.


Not that I do not think adults need saved. Far from it. It is just so much easier to teach them when they are young and the world has not had a chance to get at them.


Moving on from my rambling about this and that. I am working on a short sleeve Lopi sweater. It has been a while since I have worked with wool and it came into our charity knitting bin. It is nice in a raping the world and disturbing sheep way. I suppose it is slightly more natural than the dinosaur yarn that I prefer to use. Remember a dinosaurs that is dead and decomposed feels no pain.


We can keep telling ourselves the lie that sheep enjoy being grabbed by the ankles and shaved. Remember when they rise up against their Human Masters you heard it here first.


Well I could ramble on about the evils of wool forever. But I have to get going. be safe out thee and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo