Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Male Knitter & Clown Stuff & A New Blog

The Wednesday group was nice this week. Much knitting was done and the black bag 2 continues to crawl along at a slow rate. I think I need some enchanted Needles like from Harry Potter.

From those that do not remeber one of my stated goals was to meet some other men that knit. Over the last couple days I have met four. Two attended the Hive Knitting Group a third claimed her could but forgot his knitting so I did not count him. I met an older gentalman on the bus who also claimed he could knit. As we were going through Arlington Heights {which is not that dangerous since they knocked it down} he refused to knit. He did not want to be outed in a dangerous neighborhood and could not beleive I knit on the bus.

When we were out of the dangerous neighborhood he showed me a lace top that he was making for his wife. Well Bob your secret is safe with me I will not tell anyone that you knit or that you are making a surpsie gift for your wife. He told me that she did not understand his knitting. He said that he was forced to hide his yarn from his inlaws and he had hidden his secret obsession all these years since he learned to knit in the Navy.

My wife locks me in the basement when company comes over so do not fell bad, Bob. Still, the basement is well ventalated and I get Grilled Cheese sandwiches when I am locked down there. I do like grilled cheese sandwishes. Velvetta should be one of the food groups if we still had food groups. That is if Velvetta was a really a food.

The fourth knitter is one of the Clowns that I am training. He is knitting and purling and I could not be more proud. It has been four years since I have done honest to goodness Master Clown work. I am thankful for the opportunity.

In semi related news the Clown Brigaide has been asked to perform it their first show. I did not think we would be ready for any sort of show our first year. I am proud that we will be able to perform after only four months of practice.

A very nice lady named Stephieface has been visiting my blog and her blog has a cheeky monkey featured today. He reminds me of myself at that age. I would have put a picture of the monkey on my blog but I do not know if that is allowable according to the blogging rule book.

well have a good evening everyone and keep you stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Stephieface said...

Its totally allowable if the owner gives you permission...... which I have. :D
I think most of the time its an issue if you hotlink rather than save the image on your own computer and post it. *shrugs*

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo