Saturday, January 17, 2009

Still Experimenting

Taking a break from the book I am posting to the old blog. BBL continues to grow as I try and explain the plot elements. Also there is the rest of the series to consider. If people are going to time travel then the events in the series have to make sense. Fortunately they do not have to be sequential.


The only problem with a story that does not happen in order is keeping the readers up with the story. Thus far the solution has been by working on the most important chapter in the story. In theory the bad guys are traveling through time to keep a specific event from happening. Thus at the top of every chapter it will say how long until the even or since the event happened.


The only problem is that I am not sure of the specific times between each event. It is the only way that I can figure to do it to make the book easy to read. So I have spent the last couple days switching chapters back and fourth and trying to figure out at what time and date the events happened.


On another front I have figured out how to get a tag cloud to link in with the blog’s tags. I also took a but of time to put tags on twenty or so tagless entries. If I do 20 entries a week I might have tags on all the old entries by sometime next year.


I did see these rotating flying cloud things. I may play around with one of those. I will have to dust off the experimental blog and see if I can get one of those working. Maybe I should have Oliver look at it.


Well back to the book. Be safe out there everyone and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

velmalikevelvet said...

I like the new header, Zeep.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo