Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

As is tradition turkey day is being celebrated at a Chinese Resteraunt in my house hold. Being a proud descendant of Stephen & Elizabeth Hopkins the wife and I had a tradition Tanksgiving with the Mayflower Society. This was at the always lovely Oakmont Country Club where they apparently hate cranberries ecause they did not serve any with out turkey and stuffing. Still other than that it was a wonder afternoon.

Well anyway that is one the reason we have our actual Thanksgiving at the Chinese Resteraunt. It is easy and there is no clean up. Also it is the only place that I can get Sushi and not bother those that are not into the eating of the fishy yuminess. This place also has the wifi so I can do the mobile blogging. Actually I can do the mobil blogging with the gizmo I bought from t mobile that does the internet. It is odd that the wireless internet is faster than the verizon at the house. Maybe that is why verizon tried to buy t-mobile recently, but I digress.

All of this does not have much to do with Thanksgiving though. My ancestors were of course thankful that they all didn't starve to death or the Natives didn't kill them for stealing from them. My thankfulness is more centered around my wife who has had a tough road the last couple years. She is past the cancer but still dealing with the bad heart. So I am thankful that she is still with us. I am also thankful for the prayers of all of those that have been praying for her. I am sure that has helped a great deal. Also on another note the hospital food locally has improved some over the last couple years. So sitting around in a hospital is not so bad if there is something to eat. Granted I am not the one being operated on so my wife might feel differently about it.

I hope that those who are reading this have something to be thankful for this year. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo