Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fictional Real Person

It is three in the morning and I am once again looking at a blank page. I have spent the last two months reading everything I can on a man named Samuel Logan Brengle who was Commissioner in The Salvation Army. He is also the only real person who is a regular character int he stories. For this reason I feel a great deal of pressure to get him right.

On the moral front he wrote several books. So I have little trouble guessing where his moralities lies. This issue that I am having is what kind of man was he. I can figure that he did not cuss and I can get a feeling for what his speech pattern were from his books.

I simply do not know that I am doing the man justice.

Still as I ponder him I wonder how many people out there know who he was. Is he famous enough that people would recognize if my character is a good representation of the real man?

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo