Saturday, January 01, 2011

True Grit

I just watched True Grit Today. It has Jeff Bridges instead of John Wayne. I am going to have to rent the John Wayne version to remeber all of the details of that movie. This one struck me as fairly different. It was darker and more violent. i suppose more violence was only to be exspected.

John Wayne's Cogburn was also lovable on some level. Maybe it is just bcause John Wayne never really played a bad guy. Even when he played the anti hero it was still like he was the hero.

Jeff Bridges played the anti hero in this one. There were times that you began to wonder if he was worse than the criminals he was chasing. I do not preffer a remake to the original very often. This may be one of those rare occassions though.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo