Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Afternoon

I am currently working a a pink scarf for someone, I know not who. It has been a couple months since Ihave done something harder like a sweeter or socks. I am looking for a good off white wool for a pair of kilt socks. It has to be just right or the Ghost of Robert the Bruce will kill me in my sleep. But I digrees.

I have borrowed a digital camera so Iwill be taking some pictures of the Sally dog and her cat Zoltan. I will also take some pictures of my wife while she is sleeping wearing funny hats. I suppose that is the down side to marring a clown.

I am trying to get Sally's cat to wear a hat. He is not having it. I am surprised the Peta people do not do something about people dressing their animals. That should be some form of animal cruelty. Never mind that it is not improtant now any way.

What is important is that I might be near to a solution on my quest to go to a knitting group where there is another man in Pittsburgh. Well it is in Homestead and I had to bring him to the group and get someone to teach him to knit. It might not be an actual victory in the quest but it is a start. Once again if you are male (or female or other) and knit come to my group at the Bee Hive on Mondays at 7:00 PM It is fun and we have an upsidedown flamingo with a scarf. How many people can say that about their knitting group? Well maybe no has ever wanted to say that about there knitting group. Still, now that I have said it and you have read it you will have to consider it when you go to you knitting group again. Especially since I have harped on it for more than it was worth.

We are considering contests for our knitting group. So far the front runner appears to be knitting a hat contest for one of the people that work there. Well it is the front runner in a one horse race. No one else it terribly interested. Still, if we have that contest I think I have a fair chance at winning it. Especially if no one else enters. A victory is a victory you cannot have everything.

If any one gets this far in my ramblings, post a message suggesting what I might knit for the Knit 1 contest. I am very undecided but think I would would like to enter something just to entertain myself. Please no internal or external organs, especially pipe organs. I do not want to invest that much yarn into this project.

I am also looking for a vest sort of thing to make from the Rowan denim yarn. Suggestions would be helpful.

Everyone in my little fantasy world says hello.

God's Speed and keep your stick on the ice,

3 comments:

DDancer said...

"I am also looking for a vest sort of thing to make from the Rowan denim yarn. Suggestions would be helpful."

I can probably whip up a pattern using Sweater Wizard for you if you want to go that route. Brign the yarn next Wednesday!

Stephieface said...

I am of no help... I apologize for the suckage.
For the Knit One contest I say unique and funky baby hats that after the contest can be donated to Childrens or a Women's shelter. There are lots of baby fruit hats... but maybe something more Pittsburghy... like a baby pierogie hat, or a stocking cap pirates wear or something. Something multipurpose which you can enter into the contest and then do some good with after.

btw; I never got to say, it was nice meeting you WWKIP day. :D

Z said...

thank you for you suggestions. I am thinking about using the new black knitting bag for the entery now. Although hat's are nice and easy.

As for the vest I am going to get the black bag done first because it just has to be done.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo