Friday, February 27, 2009

The Marley and other stuff



For those that just started following the blog we are still working on The Marley. the Marley will be a vitually indestructable one hundred foot long scarf. The only draw back as that we will have to turn hundred of skeins of yarn into icord.

Pictured is Apprentice Wilson who is making icord on an icord machine. As you can tell this is the most exciting thing that she has to do today. As I think about it this is the second or third picture that I have put up of her standing on a chair. Maybe I should not encourage children to stange on furniture. It is a very old chair. Still, it is not terribly respectful.

Well what can you do. It is the only way to make it. Apprentice Wilson has turned several skeins of yarn into icod thus far, She say that it the most entertaining thing about knitting.

On other knitting front my wife and I took Apprentie Wilson to her first knitting group outside the Clown Briagde. We took her to the cult meeting in the South Hills. By the way the Cult is a knittin cult ot a religous one. Altough there are somethat would say that knitting is in some ways ti's own religion. Come to think of it if the Knitting cult was a church I would probably join it. I have seen picture of Jesus' mother knitting. It only makes sence if you think about it. Or perhapse it only makes sence in my head.

The Book continued to plug along. For a good long while I have been debating where there first book should end and the second book beging. I have moved around the chapters I have a nd tweeked the story line. I am fairly sure I have figured out how thing should go.

On the up side that means that I have a good sence of where thing should be going with the book. For the last couple months I have had no clue what should go where and how everything should fall into place.

The editing is the killer thing. I am not a person who is any good at finding errors in a text. It is just narly difficult work. I figure if I work at for six hours a day it will take me a month to put the manuscript into something reletively readable. So we will see how that goes.

Well just wanted to check in Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.









No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo