Monday, August 29, 2011

Knitting and Other Relevant Things

Anyway as the title of this blog might suggest there is some knitting in my life from time to time. Something that long time readers of this blog will know is that knitting is a useful skill for clowning. You can make all kinds of things with a couple sticks and some yarn. Well this is one of those things. This is a lap blankest made from some red caron acrylic yarn. At least I think it is Caron. the label has been lost to the sands of time from our various moves over the last decade. There was enough of it to make a nice little lap blanket. There really isn't a pattern. I made it until I ran out of the yarn that I had.

The actual pattern it out of one of the Vogue Knitting Books. The knitters out there will know the ones that i am talking about. they might even know what book I am talking about. As I type this I looked across the room to see a pile of knitting books. They have been displaced by a reorganization of my library that is incomplete. So I am a bit too lazy to go through them and figure out which book it came from. I know that a good knitting blogger would have the pattern on had to share it. Still, I never claimed to be a good knitting blogger.

On other fronts the strange growing pattern of the Brigade continues. With the Brigade office half way put together we have around six cadet clowns here on the South Side Slopes and several more interested. They are mostly young people but it is a wider age range than the last couple time we had a membership jump. We have a couple seven year old a couple teens a a couple in between. There might even be a parent or two in there.

On another odd twist over everything I am starting to like Justine Beiber and Miranda Cosgrove. At least I think hat is how their names are spelled. The computer does not agree with me. In addition there are some Japanese band that Miss McBride from the internet has suggested. So not only do I have the musical tastes of a teenage girl they are the tastes of a Japanese teen age girl. Yep that is normal for a man of my age. I blame being exposed to Bob Dylan at a young age for my musical mental issues.

Well be safe out there everyone and keep your stick on the ice.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Thank you for giving these good, healthy, explanatory and even fun tips on that topic.

Unknown said...

Steeven! How the heck are you? It's Jamie! I miss you guys so much!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo