Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Busy Week End - Sergeant Major on Hold

I spent the better part of the week end dealing with a dozen or so details of the upcoming Yarn Festival. In addition to that I am starting a Cub Scout Pack, getting the Brigade ready for four shows, editing a book and attempting to train a cat. So as usual the blog suffers.

What can one do? Anyway a good time was had at Hive Knitting We may be few in number these days but fun is still had by all. I do enjoy our group down there. The Hive may have a reputation for being a strange place. Still, it is one of the few places that I fit in.

On the Sergeant Major and Training Front. Several people have offered their prayers on this one and I thank you. The unfortunate thing is there is no news. According to our Divisional HQ they do not know if they are allowed to make me a Sergeant Major. When asked why they say they have not been told.

Frustrating is no longer the word for this thing. Frustration comes when one is surprised by an odd behavior. At this point it is expected. I suppose I would have been surprised if thing has gone well with Sergeant Major thing.

Being that there is no official word as to why, my only guess is my odd past. I must say that I find it frightening that this may be the case now. At one point in history anything went in the saving souls business. We tell stories of our founder, General William Booth, sticking an umbrella in the ground and talking to it. Then when a crowd gathered to see the crazy person he would tell them about Jesus.

Joseph Garbedian dressed in outfits that would have made Liberace jealous and yelled on the street corner about Jesus.

The sad thing is I am not allowed to talk to anyone about this. Bureaucracy will be the death of us.

In reading the Army Blogs out there I have seen many people that are openly talking about renewal in the Army. Even though I have firmly believed that we are not what we once were. I have not talked about it openly because I thought it would hurt my chances of getting into training. That is sad. It is truly sad that a member of an organization can not talk about what is wrong with their organization without fear of being ridiculed. Even if in my case it is behind closed doors and I am not allowed to know.

We were once a church that was proud of outcast heritage. We were proud of the strange people that would join our ranks. Now we want to be respectable. And I fear if we get too respectable the outcast may one day not be welcome at out doors. Currently they are not welcome as officers.

I still firmly believe we are the best church out there. I firmly believe that we are the most Christ like denomination out there. If there was anyone better or doing more work for Christ I would join them. I just fear that one day we may loose that position because of our attitude toward our own people.

Pray for us out there in Blog Land. Satan is attacking us like he attacks us all. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo